xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Text - Character not allowed in XML Content

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Diego Campo <diego.campo AT properazzi.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Text - Character not allowed in XML Content
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 07:47:15 -0800

Diego Campo wrote:
Hi,

According to the XML spec., this character is legal, so I'm not
filtering it beforehand. But I'm finding this:

Exception in thread "Worker0" nu.xom.IllegalCharacterDataException: 0x3
is not allowed in XML content

Looks like you're reading XML 1.1. XOM only supports (and only will support) XML 1.0. I'd ask why you're encountering that character in your data. It's hard to believe its significant or correct. It's an obsolete character that hasn't been seen for years.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!