xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XInclude xpointer scheme

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <erharold AT gmail.com>
  • To: Mimil Mimil <mimilowns AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XInclude xpointer scheme
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:59:13 -0500

Mimil Mimil wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if you plan to add support for the xpointer scheme for XML
Inclusion in XOM. If you do so you will be the first java library with this
feature (as far as I know there is none).
I am not sure to understand where is the problem making XOM not currently
implement it, can you point me?

The xpointer scheme includes ranges that extend across element boundaries. That makes it relatively hard to fit into a tree-based model of any kind. :-(

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!