xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM file causes my Eclipse editor to crash

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, "'Asgeir Frimannsson'" <asgeirf AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM file causes my Eclipse editor to crash
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:39:21 +0100

> > In the method nu.xom.UnicodeUtil.decompose(..) (Xom 1.2b)
> there is a
> > 1900ish-levels nested if-else statement that causes my Eclipse java
> > editor to crash when opening the file. Yes, I know it's not a
> > XOM-fault, but I thought I'd throw it on the list anyway...

I had a few problems with compiler limits in this area in Saxon too, though
my approach is a bit different. I ended up creating a source module
containing the raw data in which the lists of integers are represented as
strings containing comma-separated base-32 values; I then parse the strings
out into the run-time tables needed to drive the algorithm. Don't ask me why
it wasn't base-64, I'm sure it made sense at the time.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/