xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] filtering processing instructions

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] filtering processing instructions
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:25:46 -0400

Benson Margulies wrote:
I'm using the Builder, and I set out to do a bit of filtering to avoid
problems with bad processing instructions. However, the builder insists
that the content handler be an instance of XOMHandler.

Filters in XOM are implemented as NodeFactories, not handlers. Subclass NodeFactory and override makeProcessingInstruction() so it returns an empty list.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!