xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Missing scheme in absolute URI

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Christian Voss <cvoss AT dimetis.de>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Missing scheme in absolute URI
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:47:35 -0400

Christian Voss wrote:
Hi,
I have to parse XML responses from a web service.
The responses contain non-absolute namespace URIs (xmlns="xmlapi_1.0") and are therefore rejected by the parser with:
"Missing scheme in absolute URI ..."

Is there any possibility to make the parser less restricting?

You'd have to convince me that the generator of those documents should not be fixed. Relative namespace URIs are strongly discouraged, and they do not have an infoset.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!