xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] I am new to XOM, can I create and read XML documents that contains Japnese characters? Please reply soon, URGENT!! Thanks!

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Ed Davies <edavies AT nildram.co.uk>
  • To: Angela Amoateng <angela.amoateng AT kcl.ac.uk>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] I am new to XOM, can I create and read XML documents that contains Japnese characters? Please reply soon, URGENT!! Thanks!
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:56:50 +0100

Angela Amoateng wrote:
Conveying each set of words how you suggested as elements, seems to be a good idea, since I would want to break down what type of word it is, i.e. verb or noun or a phrase. Would this tree structure be best? :

This is not an ideal forum for discussion of general XML
questions, but, yes, that looks like the sort of structure
one could use.

Would XOM be able to read this and return the content in the elements, so that I could display it in a JTextfield?

Yes.

Will it also be able to read Japanese characters (unicode) too?

I've never tried that specifically but I really think
it's supposed to and I'd be very surprised if it didn't.
Give it a try. That's one of the great advantages of
free software - it only costs you a short learning
period to find out if it's right for what you want to
do.

Ed.