xom-interest - [XOM-interest] very strange behavior

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Lowell Kirsh" <lowellk AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] very strange behavior
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:23:06 -0700

I've been using xom on a project for a few months now, and all of a
sudden today all my xpaths stopped working. So I ran my program
through a debugger to see the xpath as well as the xml they were going
against. To my surprise, calling document.toXML() gave me something
much different than what I've seen in the past. All the element and
attribute names were missing. My xml looked like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<>
<>
< ="NA:1:2.0.37I" ="beta-4102"/>
< ="52848169" ="521245832" ="external"/>
</>

Now I understood why my xpath stopped working. Has anyone seen this
problem before?

Thanks,
Lowell