xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] [NUX] fastinfoset decoding failure.

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hoschek AT mac.com>
  • To: tghfbt AT gmail.com
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] [NUX] fastinfoset decoding failure.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:58:08 -0700

How exactly is the document written and read? what versions? Do you have a reproducible test case? Without that not much progress on this issue can be made.

Most likely it is a fastinfoset bug, that's caught by XOM's verifier (checks XML wellformedness). This can easily happen because Sun's Fastinfoset has few sanity checks, in particular on writing.

Also try a recent fast infoset release, possibly containing relevant bug fixes. Finally, I think FI documents that have been serialized via StaX can't always be deserialized via SAX, and vice versa, at least I think that was the case some time ago.

Wolfgang.