xom-interest - [XOM-interest] question about Serializer

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: A Van Emmenis <aove AT vanemmenis.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] question about Serializer
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:33:45 +0000

>/ However it should be easy enough to write a
/>/ subclass of Serializer that does this. All you need to do is override
/>/ writeEmptyElementTag in the manner described in the JavaDocs:
/>/ />/ protected void writeEmptyElementTag(Element element)
/>/ throws IOException {
/>/ writeStartTag(element);
/>/ writeEndTag(element);
/>/ }
/>/
Hmm. I've been doing this as well but now I'm using a 1.5 VM I notice that the
package nu.xom is sealed in the xom-1.1.jar. Unless I'm missing something -
doesn't this
effectively prevent us from subclassing Serializer (unless of course we use
source or
fiddle with the jar manifest)?/

Oh dear - of course I can put the class into a different package. I had put
it in the same package
originally because some other issue.

Balance of mind momentarily disturbed.

Apologies for the noise.

Cheers - Van

  • [XOM-interest] question about Serializer, A Van Emmenis, 02/11/2007