xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Control output of CDATA sections

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz AT sonic.net>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Control output of CDATA sections
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:09:50 -0800

Rob,

On Monday 11 December 2006 07:03, Hughes, Rob wrote:
> Elliotte,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> For the curious, it is not the consuming application that is broken.
> I have an application which transmits XML documents across security
> domains. The security folks have decreed that CDATA sections are not
> allowed due to an unspecified risk.

I've dealt with their type before. Presumably, they're afraid of the
dark, since they don't know what's in there. I've actually got one to
admit he was trying to protect against "the unknown."

If possible, push back and make them enumerate specific threats instead
of just banning things they don't understand.

> --Rob

Randall Schulz