xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] why set the namespace again?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Steve Loughran" <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] why set the namespace again?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:55:07 +0000

On 31/10/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
Steve Loughran wrote:

> Is the assumtion here that because getLocalNamespaceURI(prefix); also
> scans the attributes for xmlns declarations, the act of adding the
> namespace moves the prefix,namespace declaration into the hash table,
> so speeding up later operations?

No. Try taking it out and watch which unit tests break. It's necessary
for correct operation.

--

I will take the unit tests word for it. Aren't they wonderful. If only
WS-Addressing, WS-RF, WS-BaseFaults and WS-Notification had some, I

Speaking of which, I may soon be at a point where a Xom based SOAP
stack is ready for external consumption. Anyone interested?

-steve

  • Re: [XOM-interest] why set the namespace again?, Steve Loughran, 11/01/2006