xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Sending a document across a socket

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hoschek AT mac.com>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • Cc: "'Altman, Alan'" <Alan.Altman AT ipc.com>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Sending a document across a socket
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:38:05 -0700

On Oct 6, 2006, at 3:33 PM, Michael Kay wrote:

If I have created a document (which seems straightforward)
what do I do with it to be able to send it across a socket
that I have opened.

You serialize it to XML.

And also the opposite. What do I do if I need to receive a
file from a socket.

You parse the XML arriving on the socket and build a new document.

XML was specifically designed for serializing documents, so it makes sense
to use it when that's what you need to do.

Here's a XOM tutorial with basic examples: http://www.xom.nu/ tutorial.xhtml

Wolfgang.