xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] element.getNamespaceURI("");

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Ed Davies <edavies AT nildram.co.uk>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] element.getNamespaceURI("");
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:59:06 -0400

Ed Davies wrote:

It's not really relevant here by such strings are sometimes valid
QNames in the RDF world. E.g.,

http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/#qname

Interesting, but I don't think Turtle is (or tries to be) well-formed XML. Such string are never namespace well-formed QNames in the XML world, and I'm a little surprised RDF would try to use them like that.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!