xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Higher level namespace declarations for compactness

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Ed Davies <edavies AT nildram.co.uk>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Higher level namespace declarations for compactness
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:08:53 +0100

Elliotte Harold wrote:
Ed Davies wrote:

Am I right to ignore the advice quoted above or is there a better
way to achieve this effect?

You can ignore that advice. It should work for you as you expect. I mostly just wrote that to avoid people adding unnecessary duplicate namespace declarations.

Thanks, I thought it would work OK, though the advice did make me wonder
if I was missing a better way. I can understand that normally it's a
good idea to let XOM get on with the details of the XML produced but
sometimes it's worth giving it some guidance.

Ed.