xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Custom XPath functions

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Guilherme Germoglio <germoglio AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Custom XPath functions
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:03:27 -0400

Guilherme Germoglio wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to start a project that should use XOM to process XML. However
a must use customized XPath functions in this project.

You can't add custom functions directly to the version of Jaxen bundled with XOM. You could do this by using Jaxen directly, though the navigator there is a little different and a little buggy.

If you had a good use case, you might convince me to expose more of jaxen in XOM or improve the jaxen navigator. However, my general assumption is that non-XPathish things can usually be done more easily in straight Java than in an extension function.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!