xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Sean Truman <struman AT nuparadigm.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Canonicalizer Performance
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:40:09 -0400

Sean Truman wrote:
Yes, It takes me 2500ms to parse the document and 14 Minutes to canonicalize.

Hmm, are you using the 1.2 beta to canonicalize or an earlier version? I'm wondering if there's been an improvement in Jaxen in the meantime. There must be some reason we're seeing such wildly different results. Can you produce a complete self-contained test case you can zip up and send me in case there's some other difference between what we're testing?

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!