xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Large Files

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Mike Colbert <mbcolbert AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Mike Colbert <mbcolbert AT yahoo.com>, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: John Cowan <cowan AT ccil.org>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Large Files
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Colbert <mbcolbert AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> the
> StringReader in a BufferedReader, per John's advice, and that made it an
> order
> of magnitude faster.

Actually, it was wrapping the InputStreamReader for the FileInputStream, not
the StringReader, that made all the difference. Is it Friday yet?

Elliotte, now that I'm passing the SequenceInputStream directly to XOM, should
I wrap it in a BufferedInputStream? I assume you're already doing so, since
it's so fast already.

Mike