xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Using CDATA sections

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <cowan AT ccil.org>
  • To: David Pullara <dpullara AT epnet.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Using CDATA sections
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:13:40 -0400

David Pullara scripsit:

> Thanks to both of you for the quick response. Our data will be UTF-8;
> in fact, the content of an element is going to be large and in XML,
> hence why I would have preferred CDATA encoding.

Your best approach is probably to use an XSLT transform
and use the cdata-section-elements attribute of xsl:output
to specify which elements you want treated specially.

Please don't post to public mailing lists in HTML!

--
John Cowan cowan AT ccil.org http://ccil.org/~cowan
Female celebrity stalker, on a hot morning in Cairo: