xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] MalformedURLException instead of NPE when trying to Builder.build() from a null InputStream

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Iwan Memruk <iwan.memruk AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] MalformedURLException instead of NPE when trying to Builder.build() from a null InputStream
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:17:13 -0400

Iwan Memruk wrote:
Hello,

When I give a null InputStream to Builder.build(), I get a
MalformedURLException which is misleading when debugging the problem:

It would be much easier to find the real cause of the problem if an NPE with
a corresponding message would be thrown.

I agree. I'll see if I can work up a test case and implement this behavior, assuming no one objects and it doesn't break anything too badly.