xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Next Release

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Next Release
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:49:03 -0500

There've been a few small improvements to and bug fixes to XOM in the months since 1.1 was released. However development has really slowed for a multitude of reasons especially:

1. My need to spend more time on potentially revenue generating activity
2. XOM has now reached the point where it pretty effectively satisfies all my needs
3. Some of the remaining things on the todo list are actually quite difficult. They're still on my radar, but not necessarily for immediate action.

What I'd like to do is post a beta of 1.2 in the near future, and then release 1.2 soon after. I think the only API level change will be the addition of factories in DOMConverter. Otherwise this release will just roll up a few optimizations, small bug fixes, and third party library upgrades. However this won't be nearly as major an upgrade as 1.0-->1.1.

Following 1.2, I can release 1.2.1, 1.2.2, etc. to stomp bugs as they appear. As time permits I can also make some additional optimizations in the point releases as time permits.

How's that sound? Any objections? If anyone has noticed any more bugs let me know now. If there are any *easy* optimizations I can make, I can look at them too.

  • [XOM-interest] Next Release, Elliotte Harold, 03/29/2006