xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Just gettting started

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "David Ondzes" <dondzes AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Just gettting started
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:57:02 -0500

Hello All. I am relatively new to XML programming. While looking for
an easy to use/getting started XML package I found XOM. I am trying to
write an app that reads XML from a socket connection and I am getting

"[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog."

Which is for a ParsingException and from googling around looks to be
caused by not well-formed XML. Could this because it is getting
streamed to me ? The ParsingException indications the error at
happened line 1 column 1.

I am using java 1.4 but have my classpath set to use the XML parser
include with the XOM distribution.

Any idea how to proceed ? I have been told the XML feed is well formed.