xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] 1.1 planned for November

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] 1.1 planned for November
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:35:49 -0400

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Plus in the Attribute constructor. And don't forget the caches and other tricks inside the Verifier, they are the most significant ones...

Those are a little higher up in the proverbial fruit tree. :-) The patches you've proposed to the constructor seem reasonable, but my measurements show those changes actually slowing things down. That may be something screwy on my system, or something weird in my measurements, since it certainly seems like the changes should speed things up; but until I'm more confident I'm not going to commit those.

The Verifier changes are simply too complex for me to be comfortable integrating them at this point. They may yet be added in 1.1.1 or 1.2; but I don't want to risk any late-breaking bugs.