xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Tab support for nu.xom.Serializer?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Alex Blewitt <alex_blewitt AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Tab support for nu.xom.Serializer?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:41:40 +0100 (BST)

The Serializer class supports a number of spaces for
indentation purposes (via the setIndent method).
However, we use tabs at work so that individuals can
set their own visual distance by affecting how tabs
are rendered in the editor.

This doesn't seem possible with the Serializer class.
Would it be possible to add support for inserting a
tab instead of 'n' spaces, either now or in the
future?

Since the API is likely to be fixed now, perhaps a
negative number (say, -1) could be used to request a
number of tabs rather than spaces.

Of course it may be too late for this feature now, but
if so can it be added to the next release plan?

Alex.