xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Charset encoding problem

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Alex Blewitt <alex_blewitt AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Charset encoding problem
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:33:45 +0100 (BST)

> What's the encoding in the HTTP header? The only
> reason I can think of that
> the parser might be trying to read it as UTF-8 is
> that the HTTP header and
> the XML declaration disagree.

http://bandv.hopto.org/gallery/rss.php

I thought that as well, but when I went to the
website, I just found it returning

without any explicit encoding set. Of course, this was
using 'wget' in debug mode, so it's possible that it's
not sending other parameters that the URL loader was,
but I didn't see anything to make me assume that it
was saying UTF-8.