xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 3/RC1

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 3/RC1
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:11:48 -0400

I've posted Beta 3 of XOM 1.1 in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

Please give it a whirl and let me know what you think. Barring undiscovered bugs or really major problems in the API, this is pretty much what will be the official release. Further optimizations and features will have to wait for 1.1.1 and/or 1.2. There's still plenty of stuff on the TODO list, but I think this version is a major improvement over 1.0 and I don't want to hold it back any longer than I have to.

Major and minor changes since the last release include:

Xalan 27 and Xerces 2.7.1 are now bundled. Furthermore there've been a few internal changes to work better with these engines.

Various optimizations suggested by Wolfgang Hoschek. This beta should be noticeably faster than beta 2 for many common operations. Overall, 1.1 should be twice as fast as 1.0, if not faster.

CDATASection.toXML() now outputs its value wrapped in a CDATA section rather than escaped.

I added SUIDs to the Serializable classes. (That's mostly exceptions. Otherwise, XOM classes don't implement Serializable.)

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 3/RC1, Elliotte Harold, 09/10/2005