xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 2

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 2
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:22:49 -0400

I've decided to take a snapshot and call it beta 2. You'll find it in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

There are no significant API changes in this release, just a random assortment of bug fixes, especially in XPath evaluation. In addition, child nodes and attributes are now stored directly in arrays without an intermediary list. This saves some memory. If you're using 1.1 you should probably upgrade.

It seems likely that the NFC code has regressed considerably in this beta. If anybody's using that, please do test it carefully and report your results.

There's not a lot left to do before 1.1, maybe some optimization Wolfgang Hoschek has suggested if time permits and I can figure out a decent way to test them. Otherwise they can wait for 1.1.1. The main blocker for this release is the publication of the XML ID spec. Once the W3C releases the final version of that, I'll probably label the next release, release candidate 1.

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 2, Elliotte Harold, 06/28/2005