xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] QName flyweights

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: norwoods <norwoods AT gbronline.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] QName flyweights
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:52:04 -0700

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve with all those trials beyond what I proposed.

Also you seem to ignore lexical and semantic XML QName checking. If you take that into account then QName, the cache, and its usage should be separted rather than intermingled. The last thing anyone wants is to get() a QName from a cache that does not conform to the XML spec (since it has been put() into the cache before checking it). Also note that QName.intern() and the lexical checks are not always necessary, for example consider Element.build() as called from a NonVerifyingXOMHandler.

Wolfgang.