xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] How do I apply the xml-stylesheet

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Gary Furash <furashgf AT cox.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] How do I apply the xml-stylesheet
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:09:45 -0400

Gary Furash wrote:
Is there an easy way to use XOM to apply a given xml document's stylesheet?
e.g., if document Q has a

<?xml-stylesheet ...

tag, to get XOM to read the tag and apply the sheet?

Not really. You pretty much have to write the code to find the processing instruction, parse it, load the stylesheet, and then apply it. To solve this in the general case, you need to remember that there may be more than one such processing instruction.