xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Re: [tagsoup-friends] about Multiple body tags

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: tagsoup-friends AT yahoogroups.com, xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Re: [tagsoup-friends] about Multiple body tags
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:30:31 +0200

John Cowan wrote:

It would be nice if TagSoup could deliver us from those
extra body tags and just give us the first open body and the last closed one....

Out of scope. TagSoup uses the static relationships in the TSSL schema for
HTML and the dynamic element stack to repair violations of well-formedness
and valid parent-child relationships. It has no capacity for counting
the number of children.

I am using XOM's NodeFactory to parse raw HTML. My problem is that I am using the body closing tag
as the cue point to start collecting statistics about a page. As you can imagine, the existence of multiple body tags
totally screws up my strategy. Is there any way I can look-ahead and see if there are any body tags coming down the pipeline?
If I could, I would know if it's time to start the party or not.

Alternatively, is there an event that signals that the XML document is over while still inside nodefactory?

Thanks

Luca

Thanks

Luca