xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XML Serialization

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XML Serialization
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:58:27 +0100

On 5/8/05, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> r s wrote:
> > I should clarify, by "serialize" I mean like Axis encode.
> >
> > I'm currently using Node.toXML and passing this to Axis, is there a
> > better way to do this?
> >

> I don't know what Axis does, but you might want to use a Serializer
> instead of toXML. The Serializer streams things so it's likely faster.

I'm attaching the (LGPL) serializer I have; I think deser will work,
the serializer code looks to sparse to be fully implemented :(

Note that when you ask axis to get something as a DOM, it effectively
reparses everything again, which is aggressively suboptimal, and not
something that a JAXRPC impl. mandates (i.e. the sun one doesnt).

Axis2 is much less biased towards O/X mapping; you could probably go
straight from teh message structure (the MOM) to Xom with ease. Its
still in dev, but an early release may be outs soon.

-steve