xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Search and replace

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Arjan Huijzer <huijzer AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Search and replace
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:52:27 -0400

Arjan Huijzer wrote:

I know that in the DOM specs there is a method getElementsByTagName(). Does XOM contain a similar method? Or do I have to walk through the document myself, recursively calling methods such as getChildElements()?

In XOM 1.1 you can write such queries in XPath. In XOM 1.0 you need to walk through the document recursively.