xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d6

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d6
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 06:46:12 -0500

I've taken a snapshot of the current development state and called that 1.1d6. Pretty much all the required functionality for 1.1 is in place. I'll probably call the next release alpha 1. You'll find it in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

This release does make some significant changes to both the build.xml file and the distribution, so please do check it out to make sure it works on your system. It works on mine, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some platform difference I haven't anticipated.

In particular, the primary xom.jar file now includes the necessary subset of Jaxen needed to support XOM. You no longer need to have jaxen.jar on your classpath to run HelloWorld (or anything else). I did verify with the FSF's official licensing guru that this is kosher. This does not infect Jaxen with the LGPL or vice versa. I also verified that importing and/or subclassing LGPL'd Java classes does not infect other programs with the LGPL. (Full GPL is a different story.)

Other changes in this release include:

Revised and simplified the Canonicalizer API, including some important bug fixes.

Added a setParameter method in XSLTransform

The Nodes class no longer allows null members.

XPath expressions now recognize the xml: prefix, even if it hasn't been
specifically bound in a context.

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d6, Elliotte Harold, 02/16/2005