xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] How to parse XML Schema?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: vikas yadav <vikas.m.yadav AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] How to parse XML Schema?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:21:25 -0500

vikas yadav wrote:

I know how t oparse xml file which have DTD validation
But if xml file have xml schema validation ,then how t oparse that xml file by
using XOM,
Bye....

This is a FAQ, but I don't seem to have added it to the FAQ list. Oops. Sorry bout that. It is addressed in the tutorial though:

http://www.xom.nu/tutorial.xhtml#d0e530

Quoting from that:

For example, suppose you want to use Xerces to perform schema validation. You would set up the Builder thusly:

String url = "http://www.example.com/";;
try {
XMLReader xerces = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");

xerces.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema";, true);

Builder parser = new Builder(xerces, true);
parser.build(url);
System.out.println(args[0] + " is schema valid.");
}
catch (SAXException ex) {
System.out.println("Could not load Xerces.");
System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
}
catch (ParsingException ex) {
System.out.println(args[0] + " is not schema valid.");
System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
System.out.println(" at line " + ex.getLineNumber()
+ ", column " + ex.getColumnNumber());
}
catch (IOException ex) {
System.out.println("Due to an IOException, Xerces could not check " + args[0]);
}