xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] CDATA sections

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] CDATA sections
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 07:30:49 -0500

John Cowan wrote:

It might be well worthwhile having a proper CDATASerializer that allows
you to add and remove elements to be CDATAized and that handles the
cases of "]]>" and content not directly representable in the current
output encoding (see the discussion in XSLT 1.0 section 16.1).

I've thought about this, but I think I'm going to leave it as a
third-party opportunity. There's a use case here, (nice printing of
DocBook documents and the like so programs are easy to read in source
code form) but it's small, and the potential for abuse of this feature
is very high.