xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] indexOf O(1) patch?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • Cc: 'Elliotte Harold' <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org, 'Wolfgang Hoschek' <whoschek AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] indexOf O(1) patch?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:53:13 -0500

Michael Kay scripsit:

> Saxon stores a node-to-base-URI mapping in a separate table. If a node has
> no entry in that table, it looks for the base URI of the parent. Optimizes
> for the most common case where all nodes in a document have the same base
> URI.

For XOM this would need to be a WeakHashMap so that when the Node becomes
garbage, Java doesn't hang on to the entry in the mapping table.

(I don't know whether this would benefit Saxon or not.)

--
"There is no real going back. Though I John Cowan
may come to the Shire, it will not seem jcowan AT reutershealth.com