xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 8/Release Candidate 2

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 8/Release Candidate 2
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:54:03 -0500

Folks,

I've uploaded what is very likely the final beta release of XOM to the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/

Changes in this release include:

Various optimizations, especially in namespace URI verification.
Depending on the nature of your programs you should see speed-ups
ranging from 0-20%.

Expanded testing: There are now over one thousand individual
unit tests.

A few very minor bug fixes.

The TagSoup and servlet JARs are no longer bundled. They're not
needed to run XOM, just for one of the samples and for the JavaDoc.

The internal, package private Attributes and NonverifyingFactory
classes have been eliminated. Their functionality is now inlined
into the classes that used them.

I am not planning any further optimizations or changes before 1.0. All that remains to be done is to update the version numbers in the JavaDoc to 1.0, and make a couple of edits to the web page.

Please try this release out on your code ASAP and let me know if you encounter any problems. If possible I'd like to release 1.0 Wednesday night, and certainly before the end of the year.

  • [XOM-interest] Almost there: Beta 8/Release Candidate 2, Elliotte Harold, 12/20/2004