xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] xml:lang and the xml prefix

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Greg Saunders <saundersgreg AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] xml:lang and the xml prefix
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:20:25 -0500

You do not need to declare the xml prefix. You can, but you don't have to. Given that the problem goes away when you include Xerces in the class path I expect this is a bug in whatever parser you were using previously, but I can't be sure without more information, such as the VM you were using to run your program.