xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Small improvements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Small improvements
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:41:12 -0500

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

To reduce memory, you need to *move* the state from Attributes into Element, not duplicate it. Keeping static accesor method requires the least amount of code changes, retains some level of modularity, although the accessor methods could also be moved into Element, if desired. See snippet at end of mail.

I actually inlined the entire class and did not duplicate anything. The Attributes class was eliminated completely. As I said, memory usage still went up. I'm pretty sure my mistake was using ArrayList() instead of ArrayList(1). I'll go back and look at this again when I get a minute.