xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Relative namespace URIs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Relative namespace URIs
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 06:43:28 -0400

Michael Kay wrote:

The XPath 2.0 data model isn't defined in terms of the infoset. It defines a
mapping to the infoset, but that mapping doesn't impose any constraints:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel/#const-other

Hmm, Guess I didn't read far enough. I just read "The data model is based on the [Infoset] (henceforth 'Infoset')" and assumed you couldn't have a data model that didn't conform to the Infoset.