xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Re: relevant to the discussion we were havingtheother day

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: passani AT eunet.no
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Re: relevant to the discussion we were havingtheother day
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:46:52 +0200 (CEST)

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This still assumes that the XML file
is valid (not only well-formed), right?

to me that's the core of the issue. I want something that
ignores validation altogether even if there is a DTD.

RegExps are not powerful enough to parse XML?
give me something that is, but which won't try to
hit a resource outside of my control behind my back!
RegExps won't blow up if they find a chinese CHAR in the middle
of the file. They just won't match.
Why can't I get something similar from an XML tool?

Apparently, even SAX tries to open up a connection
and go for a DTD.

Luca