xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] baseURI / systemID question

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] baseURI / systemID question
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:51:36 -0400

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

Maybe there's a misunderstanding here...
Builder.build(File) does indeed have its own inefficient hacky code to create file URLs from a File object (using URLEncoder in a very inefficient manner). This piece of XOM code is the performance problem. The standard java way File.toURI().toString() does not show the performance regression.

Then indeed I misunderstood. It's been a while since I worked on that method. I'll take a look at it and see if there are any obvious hotspots I can eliminate. Thanks for the report.