xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Java and parsing XHTML

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: luca <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Java and parsing XHTML
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:20:26 +0200

people, apologies if this is not ncessafrily XOM specific, but
given that my problem involves Java and XML, this might
be a very appropriate forum.

I need to retrieve an XHTML page, parse it to figure out
the URL of the images embedded in the page and then go and retrieve the
pictures, before I package everything into a multipart msg.

I will do the retrieval part using the HttpClient package from
the Jakarta Commons, but I was wondering if, rather than reinventing
the wheel, somone here could have some snippets to parse the
XHTML code and figure out the img URLS (I guess I'll need to turn them
into absolute URLs, right?).

This is for a freely available article on a particular use
of Servlet 2.3 filters. Of course, I would be happy to use XOM
and point users to it, if this simplifies their lives.

Thanks

Luca