xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Resolving entities etc.

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: m.darlison AT ucl.ac.uk
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Resolving entities etc.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:33:44 -0400

At 12:50 PM +0100 6/30/04, Matthew Darlison wrote:
Hi All,

I'm building a susbsystem to recursively unpack and extract some
content from OpenOffice.org files (which are in effect zip archives
of XML...). So far, so good, but the extracted XML makes references
to a complex set of DTD and numerous .mod files, so that parsing the
content.xml file that I am interested in fails unless all of the
ancillary files are in the same directory...

Why wouldn't they be there if that's where the references say they are?

This may be a dumb question (apologies if it is... I'm learning...!),
but is there any way of replicating what a CATALOG file would do
under other circumstances, so that the ancillary files can be
referenced from a single location...?

There's no catalog support built-in. It's on the TODO list for post 1.0. You could use a custom XMLReader that used the Apache catalog resolver.

Also, I'm using the cvs code and rebuilding using build.xml every
time something changes, but the result I get is version 1.0a2 rather
than a3...

Probably just means I need to commit the latest build.xxml. YOur code is likely 1.0a3 or later.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)