xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0a2

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0a2
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:26:59 -0400

I've posted XOM 1.0a2 to the usual location. There are no changes to the published API (though I did eliminate one public class in the nu.xom.xerces package I had warned people not to use.) Significant changes in this release include:

* URI verification and relative URI resolution are now performed according to the RFC2396bis algorithm, rather than by using the Xerces and java.net URI classes.

* The Builder no longer sets any Java system properties for improved compatibility with applets and multiclassloader environments.

* A bug in DOMConverter was fixed

If you notice anything majorly wrong with this release. please give me a holler. Otherwise I plan to announce it on Cafe con Leche and other sites tomorrow. Thanks!

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/effectivexml http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0321150406/ref%3Dnosim/cafeaulaitA

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0a2, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 06/15/2004