xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Using XOM in an applet

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Ken Kast" <ken AT kenkast.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Using XOM in an applet
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:49:01 -0400

All,

I'm trying to use XOM in an applet that provides client-to-server processing. I get an AccessControlException that seems to indicate that the pkg is trying to set a system property outside of policy. Does anyone know if XOM (or one of its constant classes) does do that, and is there any initialization I can do to make it well-behaved as an applet-class?

The XOM Builder class does set a system property or two. I'd guess that's what you seeing. Do you have a stack trace you can submit? That should make the problem obvious, and once I see it, I think I could work around it.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)