xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Re: Serializing objects that contain an instan ce of nu.xom.Document, part II

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Brian Sam-Bodden" <bsbodden AT integrallis.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Re: Serializing objects that contain an instan ce of nu.xom.Document, part II
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:18:57 -0800 (PST)

Rusty et al,
I'm going to run some experiments using just XML as
the serialization format. If time permits I'll try to
do something more formal to measure mashalling versus
parsing. I do agree that XML is a cleaner, more
portable, less coupled way to move documents around.
The results shown in
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-injava/ are very
interesting and do indeed suggest that
parsing might be faster that
unmarshalling/deserializing. I'll report my results
back to you guys in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the great exchange.

Brian

Brian Sam-Bodden
President & Chief Software Architect
Integrallis Software, LLC.
http://www.integrallis.com

  • [XOM-interest] Re: Serializing objects that contain an instan ce of nu.xom.Document, part II, Brian Sam-Bodden, 02/20/2004