xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and XPath

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Robert Stagner <restagner AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and XPath
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:20:12 -0500

As a "newbie" to XOM and a relative novice to XML, in general, please forgive my ignorance if my question seems a bit off topic. But, after reviewing the XOM documentation and reading a bit of the XOM API, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to use XPath within XOM? Are there any methods within XOM that can leverage XPath's functionality? Any sort of examples would be of great help.

Not currently. Jaxen works with at least some versions of XOM, though I don't know if it's up to date. There's not yet any official XPath support in XOM.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)