xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Question on Elements and Nodes (and Attributes)

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Mik Lernout <mik AT futurestreet.org>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Question on Elements and Nodes (and Attributes)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:21:28 +0100

Dear all,

I just encountered two rather noizy thingies in the XOM API:

* Why doesn't Elements and Nodes implement List? It would make it a
lot easier to introduce XOM in current scripting languages (think
JSTL / velocity / FreeMarker / .. ) and would give an
instantanious familiar interface to novice programmers. I can
understand the 'no two ways to do the same thing '-principle, but
that does not really count here, does it... just a thought...
* Why is there no Attributes? The |*getAttributeCount

<http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/apidocs/nu/xom/Element.html#getAttributeCount%28%29>*()|
and |*getAttribute

<http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/apidocs/nu/xom/Element.html#getAttribute%28int%29>*(int
feel awkward and unnatural compared to Elements and Nodes.

I don't know what you guys think of this, but for me the first item is already a critical factor in using/not-usingXOM for my currenct project...

Mik