xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Simple Data Iteration...

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Dotson, Anthony" <adotson AT ci.portland.or.us>
  • To: "'xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Simple Data Iteration...
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:16:15 -0800

I feel very feeble, since from what I have read, this is a very easy package
to use.
First, I haven't been able to search the archives, all words entered return
no results, so if this is a very basic question that is in the archive I
apologize, I tried to scan the past subject lines of threads to see if it
had been asked.

I have a very simple document:
<PARAMETERS>
<PARAMETER>
<PARAM_NAME>longer param</PARAM_NAME>
<PARAM_SIZE>20</PARAM_SIZE>
</PARAMETER>
<PARAMETER>
<PARAM_NAME>shorter param</PARAM_NAME>
<PARAM_SIZE>10</PARAM_SIZE>
</PARAMETER>
<PARAMETER>
<PARAM_NAME>another shorter param</PARAM_NAME>
<PARAM_SIZE>10</PARAM_SIZE>
</PARAMETER>
</PARAMETERS>

I'd like to find all elements with a param_size of 10 in the order they are
found in the doc. Or, all param_name(s) that match "shorter param".

Just looking for some hints or a direction...

Thanks, Anthony