xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] using XHTML for documents

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: luca <passani AT eunet.no>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] using XHTML for documents
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:41:29 -0500

Elliotte,

My Internet Explorer gets fooled by the suffix/MIME type for XHTML
documents and asks me to save the file locally (as opposed to just
rendering them).

Is this something you can fix? after all the value of XHTML to web developers is below zero...

No. Internet Explorer is closed source. Therefore I cannot fix its broken, non-standards compliant handling of XHTML. I suggest you use Mozilla instead.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)